Don´t you find appealing the possibility to make thousands of dollars every month from the comfort of your own home?
That sounds amazing, right?
Since a complete unknown recreational accountant (Chris Moneymaker) made an appearance in the poker world banking $2.5 million by taking down the WSOP Main Event in 2003 after winning a seat through a $33 satellite, online poker has only grown exponentially every year after that. Even facing certain events along the way that have harmed this growth.
This was the case back in 2011 when the online poker world lost the US market due to the famous "Black Friday" where the Federal Government (FED) with the help of the Department of Justice (DOJ) took down the top 4 poker sites of that time. Poker Stars, Full Tilt Poker, Absolute Poker and Ultimate Bet (These last 2 were skins from the same network – Cereus).
Eventually, online poker went back to the US on certain stats and Poker Stars is the only one of those four offering its services. Also, important markets started segregating their player pool from the rest of the world, only allowing them to play with other residents from their respective countries.
This was the case with France, Spain, Italy and a few others after that. But thankfully, they are also gradually open up their doors to the rest of the world.
Even after all this, online poker still enjoy a significant level of growth and popularity even today.
That sound amazing. But, Why is do damn popular?
Still not convinced, ah?
Let´s break it down even further.
• Available 24/7 – All you need to do is installed any of your favorite online poker site application either on your desktop or your mobile device, create a free account, deposit some money, browse the lobby, open a table and start playing! Is this simple!
• Convenient – I don´t know about you, but be able to make money online from the comfort of your own home it´s very appealing to me. Add this to the fact you can play at any time of the day and we already have a winner here.
• Affordable – It´s a lot cheaper than going to the casino. The cheaper poker table at any casino usually starts at the $1/$2 level. Meaning, 100 big blinds would be $200! While online you can deposit as little as $10 and load a $0.01/$0.02 cash game table and start playing.
• Cost Effective – Online poker also costs a lot less money because online you pay a lot less rake in comparison to casinos. Also, you don´t have to tip the dealer after winning a big pot (lol)
• Rewards – Online poker sites also offers amazing rewards and bonuses to attract new players. The most common rewards are rakeback (Ranging from 30% up to 50% ), deposit bonuses (usually matching 100% of the person first deposit up to $1,000), and many others!
• Psychological Factors – People tend to be themselves while playing poker online. This is particularly true with introvert people. Often see how new players feel nervous, inhibited and even intimidated by playing poker against more experienced players live at a casino. This doesn´t happens too much online.